Monday, April 12, 2010

Pushiness

It is so frustrating when people don't call you back. My Small Health Issue has failed to resolve so I called the Dr's office 3 hours ago and nobody called me back. Now that I have finally gathered the gumption to call back they are closed. I hate to be pushy but I need an order for blood work. So do I call back tomorrow or hope they remember me? Eck. I hate both options. I made a super healthy, fruit filled, dairy free sweetbread the other day. Travis thinks the combination of banana and blueberry is weird, but I thought it was super yummy. Next time I am going to try to replace some of the white sugar with agave . . . I like the idea of using agave but don't yet feel comfortable using it in recipes.

Dairy Free Banana Blueberry Bread

1 cup blueberries
1 5/8 c flour - I used 1/2 c wheat, 1/4 c wheat germ and the rest white
1/2 c oatmeal
1/2 c walnuts
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon

1/2 c applesauce
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
2 eggs
1 c mashed banana - about 2 bananas

Coat blueberries in 2 Tbsp flour. Stir in the next 6 ingredients. In another bowel mix applesauce and sugar until dissolved. Add eggs then bananas. Mix wet mixture into flour mix until just mixed. How many times can you write "mix" in one sentence? Bake in greased bread pan at 350 for 60-90 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment